To build on the advantages and achievements of the UV4Growth COST Action, a core-group of former members formed in 2015 an international association for plant UV-research, named UV4Plants.
The key aims of UV4Plants are to:
- To promote and foster a culture of research-excellence and good practice in Plant UV Research through the organization of innovative events in research, public engagement, and education.
- To provide channels for members to inform the Plant UV Research community about relevant activities or events of common interest.
- To enhance the usefulness of Plant UV Research by facilitating the transfer of knowledge from academia to stakeholders and the general public.
- To initiate and foster stakeholder contacts as part of an agenda of product development.
- To liaise with scientific funding bodies to influence their research agenda.
- To develop with its members the benefits of membership and the relevance of the Association.
In practice, this means organizing a mixture of UV-focussed plant conferences, training schools, and lobbying for funding as well as informing funding calls. A General Meeting of the Association is held every other year, in conjunction with a UV-related and/or plant conference.
The benefits provided are a website including News and Contributions sections, an open-access journal named the UV4Plants Bulletin, a members’ e-mail list, and registration-fee discounts at the events organized or sponsored by the association. It is planned to create a database of member’s expertise to facilitate collaboration.
Membership and annual fees
To become a member or renew your membership, download and fill out the “UV4Plants Membership Form 2021 (PDF)” which can also be requested from the secretary (mailto:email@example.com). Membership fees for 2021 are EUR 25.- for students and retired staff, EUR 50.- for academic members, and EUR 250.- for industry and institutional members. Further discounts are available to those employed or resident in countries listed by the World Bank as low-income and lower-medium income economies: in which case fees for 2021 are EUR 12.50 for students and retired staff, EUR 25.- for academic members, and EUR 125.- for industry and institutional members.
Important: Due to the COVID 19 pandemics, Members are offered to pay the full membership fee in exchange for membership for 2021 and in 2022 or to pay half the membership fee for 2021. Please see the Form.
UV4Plants: Rules (PDF file)
UV4Plants: Membership Application Form (PDF file)
General information: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Web site: http://www.uv4plants.org/