To build on the advantages and achievements of the UV4Growth COST Action, a core-group of former members formed in 2015 an international association for plant UV-research, named UV4Plants.
The key aims of UV4Plants are to:
- To promote and foster a culture of research-excellence and good practice in Plant UV Research through the organisation of innovative events in research, public engagement and education.
- To provide channels for members to inform the Plant UV Research community about relevant activities or events of common interest.
- To enhance the usefulness of Plant UV Research by facilitating the transfer of knowledge from academia to stakeholders and the general public.
- To initiate and foster stakeholder contacts as part of an agenda of product development.
- To liaise with scientific funding bodies to influence their research agenda.
- To develop with its members the benefits of membership and the relevance of the Association.
In practice, this means organising a mixture of UV-focussed plant conferences, training schools and lobbying for funding as well as to inform funding calls. A General Meeting of the Association is held every other year, in conjunction with a UV-related and/or plant conference.
The benefits provided are a web site including News and Contributions sections, an open-access journal named the UV4Plants Bulletin, a members’ e-mail list, and registration-fee discounts at the events organised or sponsored by the association. It is planned to create a database of member’s expertise to facilitate collaboration.
Membership and annual fees
To become a member or renew your membership, download and fill out the “UV4Plants Membership Form 2020 (PDF)” which can also be requested from the secretary (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). Membership fees for 2020 are EUR 25.- for students and retired staff, EUR 50.- for academic members, and EUR 250.- for industry and institutional members. Further discounts are available to those employed or resident in countries listed by the World Bank as low-income and lower-medium income economies: in which case fees for 2020 are EUR 12.50 for students and retired staff, EUR 25.- for academic members, and EUR 125.- for industry and institutional members.
UV4Plants: Rules (PDF file)
UV4Plants: Membership Application Form (PDF file)
General information: mailto:email@example.com
Web site: http://www.uv4plants.org/